The Ratstro

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Ratstro

Post by Crazy_C on Mon 16 Jan 2012, 9:04 pm

Woooo!!! I've got a new rat car, a proper rat car!! It's a 2001 Chevy Astro, and I'm buying it for $200!!!

It has a few issues, being that the front bumper, one of the bumper mount brackets, and 3 of the 4 front lights are missing, and the engine is shot, and the interior is tatty as hell, but it's a bargain! It's one of my boss's motors, and he's got a spare engine for it, so just need to get that in, fix the front end and it'll be good to roll!!

The paintwork is shot on it, it's a blue / green color but the entire roof is flaked from being in the Florida sun and the hood is white, though I'll eventually paint it matt black.

The engine is the 4.3L V6 with the Vortec heads, though seeing as the engine that is going to go in is out already, I'll probably give it a good clean up over time before it goes in. It's just going to be work done whilst I have free time at work, so no idea on time scale, but it'll be a good motor for the price Smile

The plans, once it's up and running and the basics are sorted (like the couple of broken door handles and lack of bumpers), are:

- Matt black respray
- Black tint the lights
- 15" polished wheels (Bart wheels)
- Kenwood KIV701 head unit
- 2x Kicker KS650.2 in front doors
- 2x Kicker KS65-N in the rear
- 2x Kicker L5 12" subs
- 1x Kicker ZX650.4 amp
- 1x Kicker ZX1000.1 amp

Engine wise, once the new engine is in and the van is running, I'll eventually see about going for a carb conversion, or just tuning it up keep it fuel injected. Still debating on that one, as one of my friend's at work is saying that the carb set up is much better on the 262 V6.
Crazy_C
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum