Prelude Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New England Spring Meet

2 posters

Go down

New England Spring Meet Empty New England Spring Meet

Post by darthanis Sat 29 Jan 2011, 12:57 am

So, I was trying to come up with an idea for a Spring meet while trying to work it around my planned hike up Mt Monadnock when I got an idea. Why not just combine the two?

What: "Prelude Meet" The term is loose. I'm very open to other makes and models. No haters and no douches though. As always respect for the law is a must. The last thing we need is preludes getting lumped onto the "street punk" list.

***The fee is $4/person*** this is a state park fee.

When: Late march. The 19th or the 26th (Which ever works best for you guys)
The best time to start the hike is around noon. that being said, 10:00a is probably a good time to show up.

Where: Monadnock State Park
NH Route 124
Jaffrey NH 03452
(Fun fact, I bought my prelude about 20 min north of Jaffery)
We will be climbing the white dot trail, which will require decent shoes and the ability to climb steep rock.

The view is amazing and the hike is fun. There is a DRASTIC change in temperature and wind speed between the top and the bottom of the hill. I can not stress enough the importance of warm dry clothing. Heck, pack an extra shirt even and strip into dry clothing once we hit the summit.
Once we are ready to climb, I will be a party pooper and take a headcount and organize groups of four. (It never hurts) I don't believe there is any cell reception up there but one person from each group should have a cell and be ready to swap numbers.

URLs
http://www.monadnocktrails.com/
http://www.newenglandtravelplanner.com/go/nh/monadnock/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Monadnock#Trails
L.L bean's guide to trails
http://www.llbean.com/outdoorsOnline/outdoorSports/hiking/gear/index.html
guest list:
AzN13oi90

That said, Come out all you reclusive New England prelude owners!

Hiking Noobs Guide to Hiking

Packing list
Maps: A smart phone with GPS and a trail map or a compass and a trail map.

Shoes: Must be something YOU are comfortable in. Sneakers are light, flexible and offer a better feel of what you are standing on. Boots are a bit more rugged and a Good idea if you have bad ankles that like to turn over frequently.

Clothing: Sweater,Long Pants, Gloves, Hat (A hoodie will do the trick too.) Make sure you have a windbreaker and some of that fancy under armor stuff if you have it. Last time I went up I worked up a sweat. at the top the wind quickly chilled said sweat and I froze.
Pack an extra undershirt if possible. (The temperature drops an average of 10 degrees Fahrenheit (6 degrees Celsius) for every 3000 feet (900 meters) elevation. Above tree-line you are fully exposed to the wind-chill making it feel even colder.)

Food: something quick, easy, and nourishing. Power bars/granola bars are a good idea. Also water is a good thing to have.

First Aide: Always a good idea. I carry a kit in my car. But honestly a roll of duck tape and gauze should do the trick. large wound or sprain. In an emergency its better than nothing, lol.

Rain Jackets: it never hurts, buy one for cheap or bring a large trash bag. Ghetto, but it does the trick.

Tools: A rugged knife or a multi-purpose tool is a good idea to have on you.

Last edited by darthanis on Sat 29 Jan 2011, 12:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

darthanis
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

New England Spring Meet Empty Re: New England Spring Meet

Post by Tim1137 Sat 29 Jan 2011, 9:57 am

I dont want to intervene here with your master plan.. and Im a stranger when it comes to you prelude people and how you host meets, but why is there a "fee" ?
Tim1137
Tim1137
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by darthanis Sat 29 Jan 2011, 10:02 am

Ash. My bad. Said fee is for state park costs. Ill fix that

darthanis
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim1137 Sat 29 Jan 2011, 10:09 am

gotcha ok, sorry i wasnt sure if you guys like planned on trying to make a buck off the meet, or if there was some sort of "preludehaven" fund for each meet to get funds for the site lol.
Tim1137
Tim1137
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum