Prelude Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DeludedBBSiK's Progression-Builds Thread

5 posters

Go down

DeludedBBSiK's Progression-Builds Thread Empty DeludedBBSiK's Progression-Builds Thread

Post by Guest Thu 03 Feb 2011, 5:25 am

I had just finished my Junior year in High School and I was driving a truck. It was the Summer of 2004, I traded the truck for this Prelude a few weeks before I started Summer school going onto my Senior year. She had 77,xxx miles, everything was stock. That summer, I fell in love. Yes, I fell in love. A few pictures to justify this first post.

1997 Honda Prelude Base San Marino Red R-94

DeludedBBSiK's Progression-Builds Thread DS

DeludedBBSiK's Progression-Builds Thread Theludes

DeludedBBSiK's Progression-Builds Thread DSCN1827

Back to top Go down

DeludedBBSiK's Progression-Builds Thread Empty Re: DeludedBBSiK's Progression-Builds Thread

Post by iheartmyprelude Thu 03 Feb 2011, 10:41 am

R-81 FTMFW!

And nobody cares about your stoopid car, mmmkay?
iheartmyprelude
iheartmyprelude
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

DeludedBBSiK's Progression-Builds Thread Empty Re: DeludedBBSiK's Progression-Builds Thread

Post by Guest Thu 03 Feb 2011, 11:04 am

Yayyyyy, my first fan!!!!^^

Stay tuned guys, I'll have more posted.

^^^he missed that post.

Last edited by DELUDEDBBSiK on Thu 03 Feb 2011, 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim1137 Thu 03 Feb 2011, 11:57 am

needs low... make it so
Tim1137
Tim1137
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Feb 2011, 12:05 pm

Tim1137 wrote:needs low... make it so

Whuttt?

Back to top Go down

Post by xxfallacyxx Thu 03 Feb 2011, 12:24 pm

Your pictures of the stock prelude. Tim doesn't realize you've done more since you got it.
xxfallacyxx
xxfallacyxx
The Meat
The Meat

https://preludehaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Feb 2011, 12:49 pm

Indeed, didn't catch that this morning. I'll update the rest later as time comes by...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Feb 2011, 7:21 pm

Alright, so about 7 months after I got her, January 2005, something happened to her. Something really bad. I was taking night classes during that time in high school.

As I got out of my class, I got into my car and drove to the exit of the parking lot. Note that it was raining at that time, and as I pulled out waiting for cars to pass by so I can go, out of no where I get rear ended by some guy driving a Ford Expedition.

There were a lot of witnesses and they all stated that he peeled out in the parking lot, trying to show off, lost control, thus ramming into the rear end of my car. His front end of the Ford Expedition had the front grill guard, so no damage was done to his car.

I called the local PD, and they didn't come out to take a report bcos they said it was a private property. So a little off subject here, but I argued that if it is a private property and they can't take reports, then how the hell can they come into private property and give out parking tickets? It's such BS!!

Anyways back to the story; From my perspective inside the car during the impact, I was thrown against the steering wheel, and then back onto the seat hitting the head rest. I dazed out a bit, felt dizzy but went away after. Again, it was raining outside, so I quickly got out after catching my conscious, and literally about to fck up this guy, and the security guy that saw the situation came over to try to calm me down. His attempt failed, I went off at them, and this guy, from the look of his face, was about to shit in his pants. Anyways, fast forward, I calmed down then we exchanged info. He wanted to do this without having going through insurance, and I literally told him "fck no".

I was able to drive home, lights were still working, and as soon as I got home, I called the insurance and everything went smooth from there. This is the aftermath:

DeludedBBSiK's Progression-Builds Thread DSC09672

DeludedBBSiK's Progression-Builds Thread DSC09671

DeludedBBSiK's Progression-Builds Thread DSC09667

DeludedBBSiK's Progression-Builds Thread DSC09664

I had pictures of the car being fixed when it was at the shop, and had it burned on a cd, but was stolen when my car got broken into, which was in my backpack. I hate thieves. Anyways, this is it for now. More to come later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thu 03 Feb 2011, 11:15 pm

shoulda killed a bitch
Christian
Christian
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Feb 2011, 6:30 am

Christian wrote:shoulda killed a bitch

Be water, my friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Feb 2011, 6:47 am

So, an update to what happened next. Misssssssgearrrrr: FTL!!! From 3rd gear to 4th gear = fail, went back into 2nd gear, over revved to about 9000rpm. Luckily, I managed to push down the clutch quick and have it back into neutral before it did anymore damage. After it happened, I pulled over, and the way it was idling started to sound like it was choking for air. CEL came on, and after running an obd2 scanner, it read a misfire on cylinder 1 and 3, IIRC.

Anyways, I did a leak down test; two cylinders were at 170, while the other two were at low 110, IIRC. So I had no choice but to rebuild the head. The picture should justify this.

Crappy cell-phone picture taken off my old Motorola E815.

Head off:

DeludedBBSiK's Progression-Builds Thread H22EngineBay

DeludedBBSiK's Progression-Builds Thread H22EngineBay2

DeludedBBSiK's Progression-Builds Thread H22EngineBay3

DeludedBBSiK's Progression-Builds Thread H22EngineBay5

DeludedBBSiK's Progression-Builds Thread H22EngineBay4

DeludedBBSiK's Progression-Builds Thread H22EngineBay6

The carbon build up on top of the pistons were all cleaned out.

DeludedBBSiK's Progression-Builds Thread H22PistonTDC

H22 Head off.
DeludedBBSiK's Progression-Builds Thread H22Head1

DeludedBBSiK's Progression-Builds Thread H22Head-1

Stock IM
I didn't get to clean the egr valves, which I should do soon.

DeludedBBSiK's Progression-Builds Thread H22ThrottleBody

Fresh rebuilt head:

DeludedBBSiK's Progression-Builds Thread H22RebuiltHead3

I <3 Arizona Green Tea.

DeludedBBSiK's Progression-Builds Thread H22RebuiltHead2

DeludedBBSiK's Progression-Builds Thread H22RebuiltHead4

New flat face valves. stock size. intake: 35mm/1.38 exhaust: 30mm/1.18
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I read and heard from people, it bumps up the compression by .2?
so 10:2.1?
DeludedBBSiK's Progression-Builds Thread H22RebuiltHead
stock valve guides.
DeludedBBSiK's Progression-Builds Thread H22ValveGuides
stocksprings & retainer
DeludedBBSiK's Progression-Builds Thread H22ValveSpring

DeludedBBSiK's Progression-Builds Thread H22NewRacingValves

The engine-bay aftermath.
DeludedBBSiK's Progression-Builds Thread IMG_1537[i]

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy_C Sat 05 Feb 2011, 3:42 pm

Sexy red lude Very Happy That is all *drooooool*
Crazy_C
Crazy_C
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Feb 2011, 8:18 pm

Thanks crazy-c.

Stay tuned, I have more updates...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down